- How does search work?
- How private is my information?
- What happens when I click on the "Contact" button?
- I sent a contact request, but didn't receive a response, now what?
- I see my name in the directory, but can't sign into my profile to update my information, what do I do?
- I see my name, but don't remember signing up, how did that happen?
- My name is not listed on the directory, how can I get it added?
- Can I ask friends and classmates to sign up?
- Why can't I find the person I'm looking for in the results?
- Why is it important to update my profile information?
- How do I add a profile picture?
To search the BASD Nation Directory, at least two fields must be entered. The BASD Nation Directory is comprehensive. The results will be faster with more specific search criteria. Be specific, if you enter Jim, it will not find folks named James.
Just like any online social platform your information is as private as you would like it to be. When people click on the "contact" button, they will not see your e-mail address and it also is not viewable to spammers. To keep your profile unpublished, click on the “don’t publish this on the website” choice on the sign-up page, but remember...others will be unable to contact you.
When you click on the "Contact" button, a pop up screen appears where you fill in your name, email address and message to the person you are trying to contact. Once you complete the message and send it, it is up to the receiver to respond to you. We do it this way to protect everyone's privacy.
Darn! Don't get discouraged, any number of things might be happening. For example:
- The person you are sending it to may have an outdated email in their profile, so it never reached them.
- They don't check their email very often and haven't seen your request yet.
- They didn't recognize the sender "[email protected]" and ignored the email.
- The request went into their spam folder, and they didn't see it.
The best way to make sure messages get through is to encourage everyone to keep their profiles updated.
I see my name in the directory, but can't sign into my profile to update my information, what do I do?
If you see your name but don't remember signing up, you can simply go into the sign in/join BASD Nation screen and either create a new profile (please give us a week or so to delete the old profile) or use the "forgot my password" on the Log In screen. Forgot my password will send a password reset link to the email we have on file for you.
We worked hard looking through social media sites, yearbooks, boosters, supporters, graduation lists, and old directories to find as many of you as we could. We then created the directory. It is not perfect, but with your help we can keep the directory updated.
Search results include everyone in our database with a public profile that meets the entered search criteria. If someone is missing it is because they haven't signed up or they chose to keep their information private. You may also want to check your name spelling, name variation (Jim vs. James), and class year.
BASD Nation is designed to be a forum for people to reconnect with classmates, other alumni, parents, BASD staff and BASD retirees that share a passion for our community. Keeping an updated profile allows the BASD community an opportunity to connect with you. You're not obligated to respond, and they won't see your e-mail address, but isn't it fun to hear from an old friend you've lost touch with over the years?
How do I add a profile picture to my BASD Nation account?
1. When selecting a profile picture, the image must be smaller than 56KB and shaped in square. If you're on your computer, right click on your preferred image and select "Edit". In the top left of the window, there is a "Resize" option. It would be best to shrink the image down between 30% to 50% from its original size. From this window, you can crop it to exact square proportions too.
2. After creating an account, in the navigation bar, select My Account and Edit Profile.
3. At the very bottom of the page, it reads, "You can also upload a custom profile picture (Image must be square, and can be no larger than 56k.)"
4. Once step 1 is complete, select "Choose file." through the BASD Nation Edit Profile page.
5. Click the edited image, and it should upload automatically. Click "Update Info" to save your changes. You can check the profile picture by selecting My Account and View Profile.